Below are some of the active Dance Venues in Hawaii
Dance Venues on Oahu
- Ala Wai Palladium – (Used often by several dance clubs) – http://www.yelp.com/biz/ala-wai-palladium-honolulu
Dances almost every weekend night. Also Tuesday night is Blazing Saddles group – C/W dancing. Also, many dance classes take place in the afternoon by various clubs, such as ballroom, latin, hustle and others.
- Cupola at Honolulu Design Center – 1st Tuesday of every month. 2nd Floor of Honolulu Design Center at corner of Kapiolani and Piikoi. Drinks served. Wine bar outside room also. (ECS, WCS, Hustle, Latin, Ballroom).
- Dream To Dance – Debbie Borges Barboza’s dance studio (Salsa, Swing, others) – http://dreamtodance.com/
Weekly group lessons and dance events (see site for schedules) – 661 Auahi St, #201 – 808-372-5574
- Honolulu Club – fitness club’s lounge – (Swing, Cha, others) – http://www.bodiesinmotion.com/honoluluhomepage.aspx
(schedule changes so call them to check).
- Ige’s Restaurant & 19th Puka – (mixed dancing) – http://www.igesrestaurant.com/contact_us.html
98-761 Oihana Pl #1, Aiea, HI – (808) 486-3500
- Nashville Waikiki – (Country Western) – http://www.nashvillewaikiki.com/
New Location at Aloha Towers! Good place to dance. Check it out!
- NextDoor – (House music, Concerts) – https://nextdoorhi.com/
- Ong King – (Lindy, Jitterbug) – http://www.ongking.com/look/?cat=26
184 N. King St. (corner of King and River) – Every Thursday. Class 7-8, then open floor.
- Republik – (House music, Concerts) – http://jointherepublik.com/
- Rumours – Closing Jan 28, 2017 (News link here) – Ala Moana Hotel – (Salsa, Swing, Cha, Hustle, others) – http://www.yelp.com/biz/rumours-nightclub-honolulu
- St. Louis Alumni Hall – (Swing, Cha, 2-Step, Hustle, etc.)
916 Coolidge St., Honolulu, HI 96826 (Joined to Agu Ramen)
Hosts live music (Oldies Rock & Roll by WASABI), and dancing every other Thursday night.
Tiled floor, bar, outside FOOD OK Free parking next door at First Hawaiian Bank at the corner of King St. and Isenberg.
- Waikiki Elks Club – (Swing, Cha, others) – http://elkslodge616.com/
Usually on a weekend night there is a live band. Call to make sure (808) 923-5722. Sign in as a guest of the band and a member will sponsor you. Note: Lately they have been getting more strict about entry for non-members, so make sure you know someone who is going who can sponsor you. Floor holds about 8 couples. Parking $3.
- Warriors Lounge – Hale Koa Hotel – (regular dance event temporarily stopped) – (Swing, Cha, others) – http://www.yelp.com/biz/warrior-lounge-Honolulu
- Whiskey Dix – In Aiea (about 15 min drive from Waikiki) – Fun place for C/W, medium size floor, DJ accepts requests, free Parking, dancing starts at 8pm, starts to get busy around 10pm. – http://www.wdsaloon.com/
Dance Venues on the Big Island
- Hilo Town Tavern – in Hilo (Country, Swing, others) – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hilo-Town-Tavern/291172247621185
- Blue Dragon Restaurant & Bar – in Kawaihae (North of Kona) (Swing, others) – http://www.bluedragonrestaurant.com/
Dance Venues on Maui
If anyone is interested in helping us maintain a list for Maui, please let us know.
Dance Venues on Kauai
If anyone is interested in helping us maintain a list for Kauai, please let us know.
Additional info is welcome
Let us know if you have a venue you’d like to add.